Energy experts help Miami nonprofit save over $6,000
The Center for Family & Child Enrichment (CFCE) in Miami Gardens received more than $6,000 in free energy efficiency upgrades from Florida Power & Light Company’s (FPL) team of energy experts. These upgrades and recommended programs are projected to save the center approximately $1,000 on its energy bill each year. CFCE offers programs and services for children who have been abused, neglected or abandoned, to help them and their families live a better life. Additionally, a group of CFCE children received backpacks FPL staff donated to the organization’s back to school supply drive.
While our bills are already lower than the national average, our team of energy experts are committed to helping customers find easy ways to save even more energy and money. The FPL team worked hand-in-hand with CFCE staff to perform energy efficiency upgrades, including:
- Installation of a new air-conditioning unit
- Improvement of lighting fixtures
- Installation of weather stripping
In addition to savings from the energy improvements, the facility will save more by:
- Utilizing FPL’s tax exemption certificate for nonprofit organizations which provides significant savings going forward, and retroactively recoup three years of charges billed under normal non-exempt rates
- Using the energy-saving advice we provide all business owners to save money on their bills
The annual savings CFCE will have as a result of these upgrades will help them invest more money into their mission to make a positive difference in the lives of children and their families in Miami-Dade County, and in turn build an even stronger community.